Monday, April 27, 2009

Animal Kingdom


This photo is a couple years old, but it will give you a visual for my upcoming description.

Tonight at sunset, I watched that back field for a little over an hour.  The corn is no longer there, and it's now just a barren plowed field with only remnants of corn strips remaining.   However, there were plenty of things happening down there this evening.  I stood at my upstairs bedroom window and watched the animals come out to play tonight.  Armed with my binoculars, at one point in time, in my field of view while looking through the binoculars, I could see ALL of the following at the same time: Three deer (all does), two turkeys (one Tom and one hen), several Canadian Geese, a couple Mallards, and a random raccoon wandering the far hilly treeside.  It was incredible.  All the critters were doing minding their own business with no concern for what the others were doing.  It was a beautiful and peaceful sight!  I am in love with this view.  I pray that this piece of land never gets developed.  

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!